Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Art & Reference

As I was cleaning off my desk I can across an initial sketch from Gulliver's Travels. It was just a mere outline of where I wanted to go with the profile of Gulliver, but all I could see at this stage was Logan, who I used for a model. It got me thinking about how artists use reference material. So be sure to check out the links below. And Happy Birthday Logan!
This...
started as this...
and this...
and came from this shot...

Here are some interesting links to a few artists that I admire, and how they use models, props, and photo reference. Plus, a little sneak peek into their studios. (For Ruth Sanderson click onto her name for an indepth "Artist at Work" page from her website.)

 

Ruth Sanderson 

 

 

Mike Wimmer

 

 

Christopher Bing 

 


No comments: