Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Tagged

I've been tagged by connie, who only knows me via this blog. Wow! people are reading my blog!

Here are the rules as I know them. . .I must post 6 weird things about myself, and post the RULES." Which are. . .

Each person who gets tagged needs to write a blog post of their own 6 weird things as well as clearly state this rule. After you state your 6 weird things, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names.

Don’t forget to leave a comment that says “you’re tagged” in their comments and tell them to read your blog for information as to what it means. That means you may find a short message from me at any time soon in your comments.......

1. When I was about 4 or 5 I saw my great aunt's husband sitting in a car across the street watching me play. Nothing weird there, he had been doing it since his wife died. Turns out I looked a lot like her and he just missed her. Weird part is when I got home my Mom said it couldn't have been him, he had died the week before.

3. When I was about six years old I won an ironing board in a sweepstakes.*

4. When I was in second grade I got caught smoking cigarettes with my best friend who was two years older and much wiser than me.

5. We got the money for the cigs by saying we were Girl Scouts and collecting pop bottles to return for the deposits. Then we added "Alpines" in our very best Mom handwriting to the grocery list that my Mom sent us to the corner market with. Of course this was my best friend's plan, because she was two years older and much wiser than me.

6. We (same best friend and me) used to bring home plastic artificial flowers to give to ours Mom's. They came from the cemetery. My Mom would put hers in the flower box, even though she knew where we were getting them.

*The ironing board is a fun story that I'm saving for later.

Uhh, look, I'm out off numbers already and didn't even get to my teen years, let alone adulthood!


Now it's my turn to pass it on to these 6 people who I only know through their blogs: If any of you don't want me passing this on to you please forgive me and let me know, I'll remove your name. I picked you, because I enjoy reading your blogs.

"e"
Grace
Karen
John
Scott
Don

7 comments:

Don Tate II said...

I'm thinking about getting my 5-year old and ironing board. He's getting too picky about his clothes. I'll let him do his own ironing.

Elizabeth O Dulemba said...

I did it! Too funny. You can read about my weirdness here: http://dulemba.com/blogger.html.
Thanks!
:)
e

gail said...

Don, you don't think my sisters and I used it to iron clothes do you? ;) I still don't use an iron! Maybe I should have gotten my kids to do the ironing when they were young.

gail said...

e, Thanks for joining in. Good weirdness!

Grace Lin said...

I'm doing it, it just takes me a while...

Anonymous said...

This is all so cool!!! i love you mommy!!!!

gail said...

Hi Cod! And now you know the rest of the story. ;)