Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Gallery Show

Time to share smattering of photos from "First Fridays" opening night at the ArtStageSound gallery. The show "A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words" featured an exhibition of artwork from a group of picture book illustrators, the Arizona Illustrators Forum.

I just had to show this outside shot of the gallery. You can't always judge a book by it's cover! Actually, I thought this shot was kind of cool. I really liked the perspective leading to the right with the arrows pointing to the left, and the way the bright blue and green frame the palm tree shadow. Anyway, for those who want to browse, here's a photo gallery of the gallery!

Julie Gissler Barry and me.

Opening night with family, friends and a crowd!

Me and some of my work.

Tanja Bauerle

Me, Debbi, Kathy, and Julie.

A few Sunday viewers.

My daughter and her boyfriend stopped by too. Too cute!

Special thanks to photographer Bailey Wilson.

9 comments:

Ginger*:) said...

I really enjoyed the show and I was waiting to see your work. I remember when you shared that piece with the children at the window. Awesome!

Bobbie Dacus said...

Hey Gail! It's me Bobbie Dacus! I just found your blog when I was roaming around the web. It was so much fun to see the show you guys had and see your photos. I miss you guys so much and miss Phoenix. You have a great blog and website! I'm in the process of setting up my blog, too.

Anonymous said...

I love you mommy. It was so fun and thank you for having us!

gail said...

Thanks Ginger! I always think its fun to see artwork framed up. Although most of my work ends up in a drawer "waiting". :)

Hey Bobbie! Wow, you found me just roaming around! Funny what a small world the World Wide Web can be sometimes. I bet it was fun to see the photos since you know most of us. I'm looking forward to checking out your blog. And we miss you on this end too! Let me know when you're in the valley again.


Glad you got to stop by Cody! My friends enjoyed meeting you too.

Linda D. (sbk) said...

Hey Gail! It's sbk here. Thanks for posting your blogger address on verla so I could slip by and say hi.

Ghost Girl (aka, Mary Ann) said...

Whew! Finally made it back over here from the blue boards...blasted wireless router! (grumble grumble hrumph!)

Your show looks fabulous! One of my very dear friends manages a gallery here, and First Fridays are always so exciting--sheer chaos, but exciting! Congrats!

Goomie said...

Cool pictures Gail! It was great seeing everyone's work up together. Gotta post mine up soon.
My friend Keiko really liked your work.
Talk to you later!

gail said...

Thanks for checking it out Linda!

Glad you finally got through ghost girl! It was fun. No where near chaos, but fun all the same.

Hey, goomie! Wasn't it cool seeing everything on display!! I'm so glad I was there when Keiko, came in. It was very nice to meet her and nice to know where one of my pieces is going. :)

gail

Karen Lee said...

Aren't you adorable! And your daughter too - but did you have her when you were six?