Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Clearing Things Up

I thought I'd better clear things up. After my last post people were getting the impression that I'm a neat and organized person. On the contrary, in reality I have a very difficult time getting rid of anything. I also like to stack. I mean really like to stack. Sometimes I can't find a thing, other times I know exactly where to find what I'm looking for. In fact, it seems like once I clean things up, I can’t find anything!

Earlier this week, a Blue Rose Girl mentioned a book on her blog made just for me. "The Perfect Mess: The Hidden Benefits of Disorder--How Crammed Closets, Cluttered Offices, and On-the-Fly Planning Make the World a Better Place" by Eric Abrahamson and David H. Freedman." (Thanks Alvina! I love the deck of cards analogy.) I'm going to have to get a copy of that book!

I think being creative is just a messy business. I recently saw some messy spaces here and here and here and here. In fact Don mentions on his blog, that he read somewhere, that there is a correlation between a messy work area and creativity. If anyone finds that article, let me know. I'd like to read more about it.

No comments: