Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Bookcase- An Adventure in Spring Cleaning

Along with my quest to becoming published, I'm embarking on another, and just as difficult, quest. Becoming organized! The spring cleaning bug bit. That nasty little bug jumped right from the house into my studio. It keeps nipping at me. Finding piles over here and stacks over there. Newspaper clippings hidden among photos. Pencils stubs too short to even grasp. Plastic containers with no real purpose. And books! Stacks of books everywhere! It was time for a plan.

Ikea to the rescue! They have a cubicle style bookcase made just for me. I have cubbyholes for my copies and for the copies from each of the libraries I visit. And I can still stack, but hopefully keep things under control. Like all good organizers bitten by the spring cleaning bug, I started out by sorting everything alphabetically!

The new bookcase fits perfectly on top of my old credenza.

It didn't take me long to fill it up. Yet, I still have room for more!

Two of the cubbies are for library books.
The rest of the books are all mine.

These are a few of my picture books.

One cubby is devoted to signed copies only.
I love collecting these!

8 comments:

roz said...

Oh GOODIE, another avid pb collector!
Love the new shelf.
=o)

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for sharing about your bookshelf. As soon as I am done with this deadline, I am going to IKEA. That bookshelf is just what I have been looking for!

Karen Lee said...

What a pretty room! I love the new book shelf - lucky!

Karen

Ginger*:) said...

Oh those signed copies... SIGH.... how beautiful they look all posed next to one another. Now you have inspired me to get really organized. I love your new look. You arranged your books in a lovely array of colors.

Don Tate II said...

Wow, I think you've got just as many, if not more, pbs than I do.

Anonymous said...

Your place is just like a library now. Cool!

gail said...

Thanks!! I do have a pretty good collection. And it's still growing. I've added a few more since this post. Not signed though...yet!

Ghost Girl (aka, Mary Ann) said...

Wow! That looks amazing! You definitely need taller shelves when you collect picture books--or at least adjustable shelves!

I'm glad you stopped by my space. I'll keep dreaming about that library--stocked, of course, with my own masterpieces and those of all my blue boarding buddies!

Mary Ann